What is ISO 14001 Environmental Management System?
ISO 14001 is an internationally agreed standard that sets out the requirements for an environmental management system. It helps organizations improve their environmental performance through more efficient use of resources and reduction of waste, gaining a competitive advantage and the trust of stakeholders.
Who Can Use ISO 14001 Environmental Management System?
ISO 14001 can be used by any organisation, irrespective of their size or geographical location.
What are the benefits of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System?
1) Demonstrate compliance with current and future
statutory and regulatory requirements
2) Increase leadership involvement and engagement of employees
3) Improve company reputation and the confidence of stakeholders through strategic communication
4) Achieve strategic business aims by incorporating environmental issues into business management
5) Provide a competitive and financial advantage through improved efficiencies and reduced costs
7) Encourage better environmental performance of suppliers by integrating them into the organization’s business systems
Should I be certified to ISO 14001 Environmental Management System?
Accredited certification to ISO 14001 is not a requirement, and organizations can reap many of the benefits from using the standard without going through the accredited certification process. However, third-party certification – where an independent certification body audits your practices against the requirements of the standard – is a way of signalling to your buyers, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders that you have implemented the standard properly. What’s more, for some organizations, it helps to show how they meet regulatory or contractual requirements.
How Can We Help ?
Have a question about certification, training or complaint?